By Nwele Euphemia
“Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans” – John Lennon
But I would love to rephrase this quote, towards the end of this article.
Probably because you just came out of a heartbreaking relationship, you feel you do not want to be a part of love anymore if that is what love is all about. There are a lot of persons who try to run away from love, people who feel they do not want to have anything to do with love again.
Running away from love is like taking a vow not to drink water, you will surely thirst and you are dehydrating your body system, love is an essential part of human existence. You cannot do without love or not loving someone.
In a society where love does not exist you see chaos and all sort of evil take place, now imagine lacking love in your life. A child that grows up in a loveless home, grows up with a long-lasting fault.
You really should not run away from love, I understand if you want to take a break sometimes, but, do not quit totally on love and here is why:
- It leaves you sad and alone: it may have made you focused on achieving your dreams, but who do you end up sharing all that happiness with? Who do you come home to, to share your days worry and joy? It increases your pain.
- You are punishing someone else: it is unfair to the guy who now, really cares about you and wants to love and be with you. You keeping running from him when he/she isn’t the reason for your reservations.
- It doesn’t stop people from loving you: your reservations still cannot help him/her from falling for you when they see you. It could even make them fall deeper in love with you (funny right?)
- You are only hurting yourself: because love will always be waiting for you, no matter how far you run, and when you get tired of running the pain becomes intense.
- Running for long: you run for a long time that you eventually forget why and what you where running away from in the first place.
- You are wasting time: the time you invest on running away, could have been a time to nurture a beautiful friendship with someone else.
Love is a beautiful and unique thing; I only hope that you don’t run away from what you think is love when truly it was just an infatuation – there is a thin line between love and infatuation.
Love is what happens when you are busy making other plans – love happens amidst the hustle and bustle of the day, it happens even, while you are running away from it. This why it is okay to take a break, for your own sanity, but then keep the door open, it could be unexpected and yet the best thing ever.
Running away from love can be good for you in tiny bits, but running forever is a terrible plan, it shouldn’t be so.